River Riders Inc is a Licensed Professional White Water Guide Service.
It was started in the early 70's by Frank Hubbard of Annandale, VA as Shenandoah
We purchased our original piece of property which was a converted gas station in 1987. Originally we met people at the river, and guests ran their own shuttles. We have seen many progressions over the years. In 1995 we demolished the original gas station building and built the first stage of our current office. In 2003, we purchased 3 additional acres for expansion and began building the current facility you will see today.
Several years ago River Riders moved to become your adventure destination. We changed from being focused solely on river trips to providing other services. We listened to guest comments and suggestions and built on to our existing building providing the amenities you asked for.
- New changing rooms, lockers, and bathrooms, on-site food service (The Front Porch Cafe), a paved parking area, more equipment storage areas, new break room for staff
- Expanded and modernized retail and check-in area
- A new pavilion with seating, surround sound, and TV's for viewing safety briefings.
- New drying and sanitation areas for PFD's and wetsuits.
- In 2011, with the help of Beanstalk Journeys, we created the first zip line canopy tour in the region. The guided tour includes 8 zip lines, an aerial bridge, ladder climbs and a rope lower off the final platform.
- River Riders newest addition was added in 2012, The Aerial Adventure Park. We constructed this 5 trail self-guided aerial challenge course. 60 total elements will keep you entertained for hours.
Today, River Riders is only one hour from the DC and Baltimore Metro regions and offers white water rafting, tubing, canopy tour/zip lining, aerial forest adventure parks, kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding, mountain biking, and fishing adventures on the beautiful Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers (class I-III) in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia where Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia come together.
Using our expertise and the best adventure equipment available, we run all trips in a
professional, personable manner. WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON SUPERIOR GUEST SERVICE.
River Riders is licensed by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. We’re
also active members of many paddling associations-America Outdoors, West Virginia
Professional River Outfitters, and the Professional Paddlesports Association-and conservation organizations-American Rivers, American Whitewater Affiliation,
American Canoe Association, West Virginia Rivers Coalition, and Friends of the